Monday, July 3, 2017

Snow Bears Stocking

I've been stitching lately, but primarily on the weekends and knitting on week nights if I'm not working. Still working a lot, but I started having stress and anxiety-related health problems and the moment that happened I cut back on my hours. Sometimes, things just have to get left undone.

I've been stitching on something new for a few weeks. H³ has always been troubled by the fact that I don't have a Christmas stocking. It was just never a thing in my family to have them. So he is insisting I have one. Of course, it has to be stitched so of course, I have to stitch it.

I picked the Dimensions "Snow Bears Stocking" and as of today have finished the top half of it:

A little tired of stitching white so I'm switching to Greek Mandala for a bit, but the stocking as a pretty quick stitch at least so there's some small hope I can finish it by Christmas!

Happy stitching and for those of you in the U.S., Happy Fourth!

7 comments:

Justine said...

Sorry to hear about your health issues. You are right to cut back your hours. We never had stocking in my family either but I can see if it was a tradition for your husband that he would want you to have one too.

Linda said...

The stocking looks great Ewa. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry to hear that you've been getting so stressed, a change in pace is definitely what you need.
Lovely work on your stocking too, such delicate colours.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Sorry to hear about your health problems. But your stocking looks lovely

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

What a lovely work on your Christmas Stocking!

Please take care of yourself, too much work can be unhealthy and remember, once you get sick, you'll get nothing done at all for a while, so it's better to leave some things undone ;-)

The Crafty Princess said...

I'm sorry you ran into stress related health problems, but honey you're working hours were crazy and manic so I'm not surprised. I'm really happy to hear that you have cut back, you need to have balance. Great to hear that you're getting some stitching and knitting done. That should help relieve some of the stress.

We've never been a Christmas stocking family either, I suspect it's because Christmas happens in Summer down under so it never seemed relevant. But I love the tradition for you guys. Great choice for yours, it looks really pretty so far.

Looking forward to your Mandala update. Take care honey
xo Alicia

Sok Sareth said...

Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
Thank for your very good article...!

ตารางบอล